Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Garden Fairy?

Constantine's classmate is having a Pirate & Garden Fairies themed birthday party soon, so i have to think of something to make, that is so special that it can not be purchased anywhere else. Most importantly, it has to resemble the birthday girl!

So, i asked the mommy what dress the birthday girl is going to wear on that day...she sent me a photo...

Based on this dress theme color, i started to check on the fairy's design. I found this from www.flowerfairies.com...this is perfect!
 I like the 'petal' dress...so I'm going to make one, using the same design as my sunflower petals...

Since the birthday girl's dress is Green & Peach, i made the top Green & petal dress Peach...

Then, i made the matching Peach ballerina flats with a Yellow flower on it. The flower has to be small or else it will cover the shoes...so, no fancy flowers...

Then, I started to think of the head of the fairy...Hm...how should I make it? Oh well, since I'm also into big head small body dolls (like my friendship Kokeshi Dolls collection, read here: http://designedwithpassion.blogspot.com/2014/07/presentingthe-friendship-kokeshi-dolls.html), I might as well make it the same!

I changed the hair color to Brown as I am using Beige color as the skin tone. (Black hair won't stand out). I love the outcome!

And since it is a garden fairy, no harm to wear a garland with flowers, right? :D

Oh, I also put a piece of pipe cleaner in each of the fairy's leg, so that the leg can be bended to sitting position...pretty cool! See how her legs bend at the edge of the table?

She can stand...well...not too stable...

She can sit...

Oh...I made a pair of Yellow wings too...how can I miss it...:) i wanted to make a large pair of wings but i'm afraid it will cover the dress, so I made a small 1 instead...

This fairy is too cute!

I hope Constantine's little friend will love it! :D

Material used: Acrylic Yarn, Polyester Fiber Fill, Safety Eyes, Pipe Cleaner
Duration of Completion: 5 man hours
Experience/Satisfaction level: 😍 hope to make more too!

2 comments:

  1. Joey
    I like your design work. You are getting there now. I thinknthis fairy doll is really cute , but if the eyes is not too far apart, it will look nicer. Keep up your great inspiration work and create more nice craft!

    From
    Swee Mei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool chanel...will take note on my next doll...tx :)

    ReplyDelete