Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Looking for a unique Clutch? Make One!

Last Saturday, i had a wedding dinner to attend. I wore an Indigo long dress, with a pair of Light Grey heels. I planned to take a Light Grey dinner clutch, but it has to be able to fit my iPad Mini inside.

I bought many clutches before, but still most are not up to my expectation. So, i decided to STOP looking & make one myself.

1st, I need to look for the stitch design that I like. For bags, usually I use Star Stitch, as the stitches are unique & it makes the bag the 'thick' feeling...

Then, I make sure my iPad Mini can fit inside...

Next, I decided to add on the wristlet hook, so that I can put around my wrist.

Oh, I have also decided that the clutch can match other dresses as well, in case I want to use it for a different colour theme. Plus, the clutch must be able to be taken out to formal events or to simple outings.

ps: thinking about the design of the clutch makes everyone think that I'm a very demanding person...LOL...well...I AM! I expect nothing but perfection!

Here it is!

My very 1st clutch...it is simple enough to be just a pouch for my iPad Mini. 

I can put an iPad Mini, an iPhone, my mini purse, 1 lipstick & a compact powder! Small, but wonderful...

Best of all...i added this Flower brooch with a bling bling Rhinestone in the middle...:D The flower matches the colour of my dress...

I can bring this to any formal events...

Or, just as my iPad Mini Pouch...

And, if I want use it to match my other dress colour, I just change the brooch...:D

Just to let you have a visual how it matches my dress...

Super love this clutch! I will be making another clutch. This time it will be Peach color as I have an upcoming wedding dinner & my dress will be Peach in colour! Cant wait to start.

Material used: Acrylic Yarn
Duration to complete: 10 man hours
Experience/Satisfaction level: Priceless


1 comment: