Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Experimenting with Kokeshi Dolls

I have always wanted to make a Kokeshi doll...but don't dare to try it as I have no confident that it will work out the way I wanted...

oh, by the way...kokeshi means Japanese Doll & it originated from Northern Japan & it is made from wood...

So, 1 fine day last week, I started to experiment it. After about 3 hours of trial & error, this is what I get...

Then, I do another version...

Put it side by side...it looks like this:

Gotten some feedback from a lot of friends...the doll in pink looks a lil' eerie to me...LOL

So, I corrected my stitches on the following day to this & added the big eyes as my hubby said it will make it more kawaii...so I did! You know, all guys have this fantasy about super big eyes japanese girls...LOL

This corrected version looks a lot better than the old ones yea...

Just for your comparison between the 1st & corrected version:

Now that I have gotten the right stitches, I made another 2 designs of the dolls...

Next I am going to do 1 set with big eyes...LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment