Monday, January 30, 2012

Jake & the Neverland Pirates - Constantine's 6th Bday Bash

This is by far my most difficult bday party ever...

Constantine wanted a Jake & The Neverland Pirates themed bday party & I can't find anything to buy on the website, not even from ebay...so I decided to DIY everything...I must admit, I was rather regret with the decision as it was a very very tedious job! Plus, it is during the CNY period...so I was rushing for CNY decorations, Constantine's theme party preparation, & crocheting (I have orders to fulfill as well). Luckily, with many non-sleep nights, everything ends well...

So, with nothing I can buy off the shelves, I have to think of something different to do...

Firstly, I search online for Jake & the Neverland Pirates (JNP) pictures...Then, I put everything together...

Now, the time consuming part...To prepare the following:

Invitation Cards
I put Neverland Island as the backdrop & put Jake's crew on the hard card...I then printed a message & tie the Invitation Card for each of Constantine's friend...
Party Packs
In the party pack, we have:
1) JNP's Notebook
2) Coloring Page
3) Gold Coins Chocolate Candy
4) JNP's Stickers
Stickers before cut out...
Stickers after cut out...
5) Snacks
6) 4 flavors of the Cupcakes
7) Thank You Note
JNP's Audio
With no where to buy the OST, I have to convert the songs from YouTube to MP3...
Final product with party bag...
Games/Activities

I planned 2 games...1 treasure hunt for Treasure Chest & 1 Puzzle solving game...
Treasure Hunt for Treasure Chest & Gold Doubloons
Treasure Map...tx to hubby...
Treasure Chest...What the kids need to find...
Treats in the treasure chest...Chocolate candy & gold doubloons...
This is the hard card of gold doubloons before they are cut...
Puzzle Time!
Actual picture before cut out into puzzle pieces...
Kids busy putting up the puzzle pieces...a black & white picture is furnished so that they can refer...
Photo corner
I wanted to print life sized character but couldn't find a printer that can do it, so I have to make do with this on A3 size...
Constantine is not happy because kids from other classes kept disturbing & touching the characters...LOL

Cake/Cuppies...I've decided to bake cupcakes instead. Was very careful & used all new utensils when preparing the cuppies to ensure it is HALAL...I prepared 4 flavors: Vanilla, Blueberry, Chocolate Chip & Chocolate flavor & put a cupcake topper of the character...
Cupcake Toppers before cut out...
Cupcake Toppers after cut out & with picks...
Putting up the cuppies...
Can you see the candles??? :)
All in all, it was a success...but mind you, all artworks have to be cut out from either A4 hard card or A3 hard card, of which takes up a lot of my sleeping time...lol

Does it worth the sacriface? Yes...to see those happy faces...it's priceless!

4 comments:

  1. HEY, MY 3 YEAR OLD WHATS JAKE AND THE PIRATES TOO FOR HIS BIRTHDAY AND I WONDERING WERE YOU GET THE STICKERS FOR THE CUPCAKES AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU COULD HELP ME OUT THAT WOULD BE GREAT.....THANKS MY EMAIL IS KOREN79@YAHOO.CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make your own stickers? Can you send me an email with the instructions? My daughter is also having a pirate party because she loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates. (mbishop38@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! My 4 year old will be having a JNP party also. I'm wanting to do treasure chest treat boxes and like the look of yours. What did you use to make them? Thanks! (carinam424@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son is wanting JNP for his birthday coming up. I am wondering if you could help me out about the stickers and cupcake toppers, they look GREAT! (me-na@cox.net)

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete