Friday, March 13, 2015

New Craft Skill 1: The Journey

Following my blog on me picking up a new skill (read here), I am proud to say that Picking up new skill is seriously not as difficult as I thought. All we need is a little determination & alot of experiementation & trial & error...

Here's what I've made so far, with a little 'motivational push' from my sons...

After Constantine presented the Party Packs & presents to his classmates (blog available here), one of his classmates asked him whether he knew how to make Starburst bracelet. The poor boy is so clueless, he came back to me with that challenge. So, I did some research & watched some YouTube video, & after a few rounds of trial & errors, I managed to make it. Not one, not 2, but 12! All for you know who...Constantine said he wanted to give it to his classmates as Chinese New Year gift...a little show off, don't u think so?

This is what I made...

Anyway, I told him that I would be best if he is the one making it...so, I bought him his own Rainbow Loom set with all the colours that he wanted. He has been doing it ever since then & so far is still making bracelets. 

Here's what he has made for himself so far...

This is what he made for me & Christopher...

Then, Christopher also wanted a set of his own, so I have to buy a set for him too, but his is pretty basic as he only wants his favourite coloured bands: Red, Yellow & Orange. Yea, his Loom Tool Box only has that few colors, both opaque & jelly ones...lol

As he is still very unsure how to make it (i think he is just not into Rainbow Loom...lol) he didn't really make alot of stuffs. He only completed 2 bracelets so far...1 for himself (i helped to loop the bands) & 1 for his daddy (at least he is putting efforts into completing it himself). The Red 1 is his & the golden 1 is daddy's...

Then, I also made a few bracelets for myself & the kids (more of an experiment)...

After that, all requests for their friends' presents suddenly become a 'must' to include Rainbow Loom...sigh...

So, here is what I've made so far...

Alphabet Loom Bag Tag for Christopher's classmate...can you see the alphabet 'Hanz'? :)

Loom Rabbit Charm/Keychain for Constantine's classmate...i made 1 similar 1 in Grey color for Christopher's classmate...

Loom Flower Bracelet for Constantine's classmate...

And also some bracelets for Christopher's classmates similar to what I've made for him but in different colours...

Well, I'm sure there will be more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment